PC CLIL COURSE GOALS
- Enable teachers of non-language subjects to plan and teach in English according to the pedagogic principles of the CLIL approach.
- Enable CLIL teachers of non-language subjects to evaluate student progress and the achievement of learning goals in an integrated fashion.
- Provide CLIL teachers of non-language subjects with the linguistic and discursive tools they need to be able to use English for the full gamut of classroom activities (routines, explanations, conversation management, etc.) and serve as models for language use and interaction strategies.
- Enable CLIL teachers of non-language subjects to work together with teachers from other areas of the curriculum in a way that respects and fosters multilingualism, guaranteeing that students learn their native language as well as other languages of academic use in the educational context.
- Help CLIL teachers to develop an awareness of the need to take decisions informed by the latest research on CLIL.
- Help CLIL teachers to develop skills for life-long professional self-development.
- Qualify graduates of the programme to act as instructors in CLIL teacher-education programmes.